Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Just another Manic Wednesday....

My son called me today; he had just arrived at Ft. Benning and they were assigning him to a transition platoon for inprocessing (clothes, shots, gear, haircut, etc.) over the next few days before being assigned to his Basic Training platoon. He said he was doing fine; with not much hassling. Not a uncommon occurance, with everyone new and on edge; that will all stop once everyone is assigned to their platoon. The drill sergeants put a stop to all displays of anti-authority that was the coin of cool in high school; the new coin is excellence. He has a good mix of cocky and brains; just what the Army is looking for. He should do fine.

Mitda had a breakdown today, which put Emmie's breakdown on hold. Apparently, they take turns. I'm glad she's okay; she didn't go into it tonight, but it was a bunch of tiny stressors that all added up. I gave her a backrub and cuddle until she fell asleep. I guess it will be Emmie's turn tomorrow.

When do I get a turn?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darling:
you never get a turn, that's the way of things.
love,
mitda